The English version of new REAL Alternatives Blended learning programme will launch on 19th March with a free webinar introduction organised by the Institute of Refrigeration (IOR). The programme has been developed by a consortium including AREA to respond to the need for reliable, independent information on the safe, efficient and reliable application of low GWP refrigerants such as carbon dioxide, hydrocarbon, HFOs and ammonia.
The webinar starts at 2pm GMT and closes at approx 3.15pm. It will feature the presentations below:
The evolution of approaches to Refrigerant Emissions and Leakage reduction, from Graeme Maidment, IOR President
- The link between efficiency, cost and leakage
- Good practice in design and maintenance of systems
- Why Alternative refrigerants?
- The blended learning approach (materials, library, e-learning and classroom)
Legislative drivers and limitations for moving to alternative refrigerants, Ray Gluckman, legislation expert
- The impact of the F Gas Regulations
- Challenges for the future of refrigeration use
- The wider international context
REAL Alternatives: safety, efficiency, containment and training, Jane Gartshore, Training Consultant to the programme
- What is an alternative refrigerant and why are they different?
- Design choices for minimising environmental impact
- Delivering improved knowledge and understanding for technicians
Followed by a demonstration of REAL Alternatives e-learning, library and training booklets and a Question and Answer session with listeners.
Register now at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4615928298460323329
Find out more about the project and sign up for the English Language version of the new e-learning programme due to launch on 19th March visit the project website at www.realalternatives.eu
Additional language versions are also available: Polish (from 3rd March). Coming soon: Italian, German, Dutch and French